Tuesday 25 September 2007

RIP Link

I’ve played Final Fantasy games before but having never played the original game, and holding Square Enix in high regard, I thought it was high time I did. So I went out and bought Final Fantasy I & II – Dawn of Souls for my GBA so I could play anytime and anywhere I wanted to.

While playing the game last night, tucked up in bed, I uncovered something that no Nintendo fan should ever have to see. I’d just sailed into a harbour and wandered into Elfheim. While I was investigating and chatting to the residents I spotted three gravestones in the north east of the village behind the Sanctuary. The first two gravestones were just plain old gravestones, I know this because that’s what the game told me, but the writing on the third gravestone was earth shattering. It said, “Here lies Link”. I could barely believe my eyes. Link is dead.

This is sad news indeed and it took me a moment to gather myself but as I did one almighty question began to form in my mind, and no, I wasn’t thinking about who’d killed Link. It was this, if Final Fantasy was created in 1987 then who the hell has been running around in Link’s clothes for the last 20 years!!?? A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess all had an impostor pretending to be the real hero of Hyrule. This is an outrage!

Come and pay your respects with us on the GAMEOV3R FORUM and then we’ll go and track down this usurper and make him pay!

No comments: