Thursday 27 September 2007

Dive! Dive! Dive!

Just before I started typing this I was all set on what I was going to write about, and that is my dislike of water levels in games. Now I know what you’re thinking, isn’t that a bit odd if you’ve read my blog entry two days ago? Well no, and I’ll tell you why… I don’t dislike water levels! So all in all that initial thought was a complete dud, and just like this paragraph has achieved a big fat zilch!

But that’s where you and I are wrong you see, as it got me thinking about why I had that thought in the first place and after absolutely seconds of thought I realised where it came from. You’re intrigued I can tell! The game I kept thinking of was Tomb Raider, a game of exploration. That’s good, I like to explore, I like to swim, so swimming while exploring should really float my metaphorical boat right? Wrong.

So what’s my problem? Well, funny you should ask as I’m about to tell you exactly that. It’s that Lara’s lung capacity annoys me. What I’d like her to be able to do is go down and not worry about coming back up for air. Stop sniggering at the back. I hate the fact that there's an imposed time limit before I have to come back up to the surface. Now you might say it's realistic, no one can hold their breath indefinitely, but is it fun? Sometimes time limits are a useful tool, other times they're just plain annoying and for me this dives straight into the latter.

Now Lara, you've been on enough of these trips to start getting your packing list right. How many times does this situation have to happen? Pistols... check, tight shorts.... check, magnetic grappling device?!... check, compact scuba diving equipment... ugh! Twice I forgot my PE kit and had to do it in my pants and my lesson was learned, the embarassing part is that I was 23 at the time.

Ever done PE in your pants, share you mental scars on the GAMEOV3R Forum and then tell us what you forgot to pack on your expeditions

2 comments:

Vick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vick said...

I managed to delete that last comment. All it said was is that picture on the wonk, or is it just my eyes?