Thursday 11 October 2007

Saw’ vinga?

No, I’m not at the Chinese take away. Can I say that? Anyway, I recently discovered, rather painfully, that I’ve developed a physical problem. A video game related physical problem. Now before you go off thinking that you’ve heard it all before and this will just be another Wii Remote related incident.. STOP.. because it isn’t. I’ve started getting sore fingers. Specifically I think this has to be Xbox 360 related and for the purpose of this Blog I’m going to call the injury “Xbox Eagle Claw Kung Forza Fist”.

The pain is in my right hand and appears to be limited to the knuckles. It's only really painful whenever I make a fist or more specifically when I make a hand shape similar to the shape shown by the rubbery chap above. It’s really, really sore too! The good thing is that I don’t seem to feel any ill effects while I’m playing so it hasn’t stopped me gaming, yet. Weird thing is though that the pain is there whenever I bend my fingers even if I’ve not played for a few days and I often have a strange desire to check if i my knuckles are still sore by making my hand make that shape.

I blame the 360 because I’ve only been feeling the injury since I bought it so it stands to reason that it’s the 360 controller that’s to blame. The Sony and Nintendo fanboys reading this can just stop that snickering right now! I’m also thinking that Forza, or possibly Flatout or even PGR but we’ll go with Forza, is to blame because when I play Forza my right hand grips the controller quite tightly, again in a shape not dissimilar to bendy boy, so I can squeeze RT to accelerate. LT is for braking and braking is for wusses so my left hand is ok.

Have I developed some kind of Gamer RSI I wonder or is it more sinister? Am I just getting old and arthritic? I’ve been waggling joysticks and joypads for a long time after all. Perhaps I should retire from gaming and give my hands a rest altogether. Hey, I wonder if I could sue big ol’ Bill? I must phone one of these no win no fee agencies to see if I could make enough cash to set me up for life, er I mean, to see if I could get a satisfactory amount of compensation.

Do you suffer from an Xbox Eagle Claw Kung Forza Fist? Maybe you have other gaming ailments? Perhaps you just feel like suing someone. GAMEOV3R wants to know.

No comments: