Friday 12 October 2007

Bring The Noise

I've read a few articles in the gaming news lately about a couple of motherboard revisions that the Xbox 360 will receive to reduce costs, combat the ring of death problem and I hope, reduce the noise level a little!

When you first experience a 360 and power it up it's one of the very first things you'll notice I guarantee. Now I'm no console designer but if I created something that made as much noise as the 360 just trying to keep cool I think alarm bells would have started ringing fairly quickly. Is it really any wonder the ring of death has been such a huge problem for Microsoft?

For anyone that hasn't had the pleasure I'll try to describe it. The 360 sounds like playing while someone vacuums around you, only without the annoying bit where you get asked to lift your feet up while they obscure your view of the screen. I haven't heard something make so much noise trying to cool down since I had that vindaloo!

Here's a highly scientific experiment I thought I'd share with you to prove my point...


Join the GAMEOV3R Forum but please don't make too much noise, I think I'm getting a headache

No comments: