Thursday 4 October 2007

My Sonic Adventures

G'day sport! I've mentioned the difficulty I have in appreciating the Sonic games before but having read so many positive reviews for Sonic Rush Adventure on the DS I had to give him another try.

I almost gave up before I even got to play anything due to the never ending dialogue featuring an annoying woodland Australian creature. I mean strewth! It just goes on and on and on and it's such inane drivel. Stick with it I did though and I did read it all only because I thought I might miss something I actually needed to know. For the benefit of anyone thinking the same, there isn't.

Once I finally started playing I remembered all the other reasons I don't get on with Sonic. I know his whole character is based around speed but playing this feels more like pinball than a platform game. I'm looping the loop, bouncing off... bouncy things and desperately trying to feel like I'm in control but I rarely do. Fair dinkum I guess in time the levels get more familiar but I can't find the motivation to learn them. I actually had more fun playing the little jet ski mini game. Maybe my creaking 34 year old brain just isn't quick enough anymore or maybe I've just got a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock?

Something makes me keep giving Sonic games a burl though and I think it's because I feel I must be missing something. So many people enjoy them, so many reviews keep telling me how ripper they are but I just can't get into them.

If you can help me with my Sonic troubles come on over to the GAMEOV3R Forum and throw us another shrimp on the barbie while you're at it. Bonzer!

No comments: