Friday 18 January 2008

Playing The Hero

After a short break from Guitar Hero 3 I'm back in to it in a big way. I'm currently around half way through my career on the hard level and surprising myself with how well I'm doing. On Guitar Hero 2 I don't remember getting 5 stars on any hard level songs yet I'm getting them regularly on GH3. Either it's easier or I'm starting to become a rock god. I really must load up GH2 and find out!

I'm not really one for making use of the practice mode, slowing the songs down to learn the difficult riffs. I tend to just keep trying them until I get it. I dread to think what expert might look like however.

I've also been playing through the medium level on co-op trying to get 5 stars on all of the songs. There was just one song left that we were struggling with, literally... Metallica - One. Of course this must have been down to my co-op partners failing and not my own performance! While we were doing this we came across a little tip worth trying if you're really stuck. If you spend a bit of time playing a few songs on the next level up and then go back to where you were stuck it all seems so much easier than before. We got the 5 star rating first time after trying this.

On a completely different note, does anyone actually enjoy the boss battles?

The Devil Went Down To Georgia but GAMEOV3R just stayed at home in his cellar on the Forum

No comments: