Friday 11 January 2008

Blu Ray Of Hope

I've recently started to have a little bit of an interest in owning some form of HD movie player. The cheapest way for me to do this would be to buy the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on drive. With Warner Bros. and New Line both announcing they are going Blu Ray exclusive after May 2008 and rumours that Universal may stop releasing films exclusively on HD DVD it seems the end of the format war may be nearing an end. Couple this with the amount of noise the 360 makes while it's on and it doesn't seem the most attractive option.

The best buy as far as Blu Ray goes seems to be the PS3 with stand alone players still not far off the cost of the 40Gb version. This is still a substantial sum of money though when as a gaming platform so far I don't see Sony offering much I can't get with the 360.

If I'm thinking about this though, I'm probably not the only one and I wonder if Sony's risk in putting a Blu Ray drive in to the PS3 will now start to really pay off. Will 2008 be the year that Sony fight back?

Tell us what you think on the GAMEOV3R Forum or just leave us a comment right here

No comments: