Wednesday 14 November 2007

Spinning a Yarn and Dynamite Designs

On the basis that nothing remotely interesting happened to me over the last few days and the fact that I can't even decide on one title for today's blog entry I bring you a gaming news update! Actually that's not entirely true... I'm still playing The Orange Box but following on from my Obsessive-Compulsive post last week all of a sudden my enjoyment of throwing objects around and smashing them up has withered away.

Did I just get bored of it far too easily? Have I become a reformed character that likes things neat and tidy and all in one piece? Possibly. I've now taken to stacking crates, exploding barrels and boxes neatly in each room and standing back to admire my handy work. It's surprisingly therapeutic in a Tetris type way only it never gets any faster and it helps me to wind down after a rubbish day at work. I know what you're thinking... I've gone soft, I'm not worthy of being called a gamer anymore. I should start buying 'Creative Knitting' each month, maybe make myself some nice warm mittens for the winter that could also help protect my hands from any splinters from stacking all those crates. I could even change my washing up liquid to Fairy as my hands start to soften from a lack of frantic joypad use. I could put their claims to the test and see if hands that do dishes really can feel as soft as your face, with mild green Fairy Liquid. I'd put money on most of you that read that went back and sang it in your head. This could be a complete new me...

Don't be daft!!! You can keep your pointy sticks with wool on! I won't be paying a visit to Crochet World any time soon either, 25th anniversary or not! I don't want to make a fabulous reversible rug or a beautiful butterfly doily! The washing up can pile up in the bowl, neatly of course just like my crates as I'm now a man... with a gravity gun! Having made my mountain of objects I can now suck up the nearest exploding barrel, throw it with immense force into my creation and stand back and watch the fireworks! Sounds like a good solution for the washing up too. Funny what makes you smile :)

Oh yeah, I was about to bring you some gaming news wasn't I? Maybe next time eh.

Like knitting? Crochet? How about dominoes or bingo? The GAMEOV3R Forum may not be for you

No comments: