Friday 9 November 2007

Obsessive-Compulsive

This week I have mostly been playing Metroid and The Orange Box and it's really brought to my attention some of my obsessive-compulsive behaviours.

Half Life 2 has some great physics so you're able to pick things up, throw them around and the one that's gripped me at the moment.... SMASH THINGS! The locations are littered with crates, boxes, glass and so on and I just don't feel I've done my job properly unless I've destroyed everything I possibly can with my crowbar. Now the crates often contain health or ammo so maybe that's understandable. Well it would be if I only did it when I needed those things. Metroid on the Wii has me doing a similar thing with shooting all the crates and plant things, although here they re spawn so I'm on a bit of a loser really!

Sometimes I even try to test myself and leave just one crate untouched, but I can't do it. The stress involved in having to go back and smash it is considerably less than the time and stress involved in wondering about that crate and if anything was actually inside it.

WHY?! Is it because it's something I'd like to do in real life but generally isn't acceptable, do I just like destroying things or maybe it's because I actually think I might find some super secret item inside one that few people discover? I actually don't know the answer, maybe you could help me on the GAMEOV3R forum.

If you have a strange obsession with something come and talk to us about it on the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: