Thursday 29 November 2007

2007 Highlights

The Christmas season draws near. It’s not quite upon us in its full force yet but it’s close enough to smell it. Literally. Christmas songs have been playing in the high street shops for weeks accompanied by the now obligatory Christmas Pot Pouri and scented candles. I had to go to B&Q last night and while I was looking at the gardening tools I found myself humming along to the Wham song Last Christmas. Oh dear. I quickly slapped myself around the back of the head, gathered my purchases and myself back together, tried not to look too embarrassed, paid and left as quickly as I could. It’s November and I’m humming to Christmas songs! It would be bad enough if we had to suffer them for the same amount of time as a Christmas tree should be up, but it’s still November! I had to sit in a dark quiet room when I got home and repeatedly tell myself that it was ok.

Still, even with the smell cinnamon still lingering in my nasal passages and the sound of jingle bells ringing in my ears the Silly Season does signal the end of another year and time to reminisce. Time to look back on the year that was and think about all those great videogame releases.

It’s certainly been a year full of massive releases so choosing the best is a tough ask but what’s on your list of favourite games from 2007? Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, Metroid Prime: Corruption, Bioshock, Phantom Hourglass, Forza 2, Tiger Woods 08, PES2008, Guitar Hero III?

Try to avoid the thought of carol singers by telling us what games have been the highlights of your 2007 on the Gameov3r FORUM. [shivers] Carol singers ….. Hark! The Herald Angels, Away in a Manger, O’ Come All Ye Faithful ……… [/shivers]

No comments: