Friday 23 November 2007

Better With Friends

I've not really got into any first person shooters online, mainly because I'm not good enough and it's a very tough learning curve. Getting your head blown off every few seconds can get repetitive extremely quickly. Of course it has nothing to do with people mocking me or calling me newbie dooby doo and other less polite terms over the headset! There are exceptions and I've very much enjoyed Team Fortress 2 from The Orange Box which takes itself a bit less seriously.

For me though it's online co-op play where I get the most enjoyment and where Xbox LIVE really shines. Working together through a game with a real person can really improve the experience. Having someone you can not only count on, but communicate with, changes everything and as an added bonus you get called much friendlier names too. Well, most of the time!

Gears of War will be drawing to a close for me soon though, having played through it completely on co-op on all difficulty levels. Just two acts remain on the 'insane' level now and I almost don't want it to end. Where will my next co-op fix come from? Recommendations would be most welcome.

Gameov3r sadly has very few friends with whom to play any co-op. Come and join him on the GAMEOV3R Forum, he might just like you... well, a little bit.

No comments: