Wednesday 29 August 2007

When's The Wedding?

Recently I've started playing Harvest Moon Rune Factory on the DS. The game revolves around farming a plot of land, dealing with monsters, selling crops, collecting wood to extend your house so it's big enough for you and your wife. HOLD IT THERE! Did you say wife? What sort of crazy idea of a game is this?!

Soon enough though I found myself eyeing up potential mates. The strange girl in the woods? A little scarey and a tad pale too, potential vampire I reckon, nah. The maid in the big mansion? Down to earth, sweet even but she just doesn't do it for me, another no. I was giving up on the whole idea and then, in a shop, there she was. She seemed to be having a bit of an argument with a guy but 'she's the one', I thought. I don't yet know who this other guy is or how she feels about him but, she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine.

Suddenly she ended the 'argument' and without even a glance ran straight past me and out of the door. I quickly rummaged through my inventory for a gift to give to her as a token of my love. I was woefully unprepared and had to settle... for a log (give me some credit here, I'd been busy ploughing a field all day I'd hardly had time to get chocolates and flowers had I?!). I hurried out of the shop door but the street was empty. Holding the 'R' button as hard as I could I frantically ran from left to right in the hope I'd find her, but she was no where to be seen. It was no good. She was gone. For good? I don't yet know, but from now on when I go to sleep to save my game, her face is the last thing I see.

To be continued...

Ever fallen for a game character? Invite us all to the wedding on the Forum

1 comment:

Vick said...

Aww, what a lovely story. Shame she wasn't about to receive your wood. I'm sure she'd have loved it.

Ha! That sounds so rude. Totally unintentional, of course! :p