Thursday 16 August 2007

Dirty, Rotten Cheaters

Recently I've come across some compelling evidence that suggests someone I know has artificially inflated their Gamerscore on the Xbox 360. The level to which this has been done bares comparison to blowing up a small comically shaped party balloon to a size suitable for hanging a small woven basket beneath and attempting to travel around the world in it.

I don't get this at all being a big fan of the achievements system on the 360. While your Gamerscore is ultimately a completely meaningless number, the achievements do encourage me to explore games a lot more than I normally would and I do come away feeling like I've been rewarded for my efforts. Where is the enjoyment in having a big Gamerscore to boast about when you haven't actually earned it yourself? Ask yourself who you're kidding?

I spoke to GAMEOV3R about this very topic earlier and I'm sure you can probably guess his stance on the whole thing. “GAMEOV3R detests cheaters” he mumbled in between shoving another cheese puff into his mouth, “cheating is almost as stupid as introducing yourself to the guy at the next urinal”.

I took it upon myself to find a definition of a cheater and found the following:
Cheater - A bearing angle adjustment which allows ‘indexing’ between teeth. This is usually a worm gear with a knob that is turned by hand.


Hmmm, the United States Faceters Guild dictionary clearly wasn't what I required this time... I tried again.
Cheater - Those unwilling to study or lacking the mental acumen to earn a desired grade.

Oooooh harsh :)

How far is too far when it comes to cheating? We want to know on the Forum.

No comments: