Thursday 22 May 2008

Indy's Back!

Indiana Jones is back on the cinema and there's no movie tie-in game on the shelves. Hurrah!!

Ok. So I lied. I haven't been playing GTA IV 24/7. It might have been on my mind 24/7 though!

I was lucky enough to go and watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull this morning. Yea, yea, easy life, blah blah... I've been planning this day very carefully for weeks!

I didn't get swept up in too much of the hype before the film's release but I did manage to create plenty of my own! I'm a big fan of the first 3 films and could not wait to see one of my favourite characters alive on the big screen once more. So much of a fan was I that I played the arcade version of Temple of Doom a lot. I'd spend £10 worth of change just on that one game. It captivated me so much if I ever saw a cab lurking in a grimy arcade I'd just have to play it again. Sam. Against my better judgement and Zzap's advice, I was only a kid, I bought the C64 conversion of Temple of Doom. The loading times, should have been quoted in calendar months, couldn't dampen my enthusiasm. Once the first level loaded and I'd played for a short time my enthusiasm did was getting a bit soggy. The game was pretty average but it held a strange attraction. I'd often load it up, play a few levels and then switch it off feeling wholly unsatisfied and disappointed!

Indy didn't disappoint me today. I enjoyed seeing him once more and I walked out of the cinema very happy indeed. And no, not just because I had a jumbo hot dog and a tray of jalapeƱo tortilla's!

So there may be a couple of cringe worthy moments and the story is, well, I'll let you make up your own minds on that one, but the fact is that the one man that could bring Indiana Jones back to life once more has done just that. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a worthy addition to the series.

If you're a fan you can't really go wrong with this. If you hated the first 3 films this won't win you over. If you've never seen an Indiana Jones film go and see what it's all about for yourself and enjoy one of cinema's greatest and most endearing heroes.

I for one am very happy that the man in the hat is back.

Come on and whip it out on the Gameov3r FORUM

No comments: