Wednesday 2 July 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl

I'm guessing most of the board have not bought this game but even after all the problems that emerged pre launch I was still excited about this title. I got up early and went to my local GAME store to pick up my copy.

I couldn't wait to get home to try it... But disaster struck! After putting the game into my Wii I stood dumbstruck as the disc wouldn't load. I started panicking! I wanted this game so bad and it wasn't bloody working!!!

A few eject's and re-inserts later found me in control of the game! (Hoorah! Ed.) It's massive! So many options and so little time to play them all!

Time to try good old classic mode which still sticks to the usual formula but with a few tweaks here and there. 2 one on one brawls, 2 team brawls, a metal brawl, 2 giant brawls, one featuring a pokemon and the other any character, 2 target rounds, looks like they got rid of race to the finish, a 3 on one brawl then a face off with master hand.

Once defeated the credits roll. If you shoot the avatar's you're treated to a few clips a congrats and maybe a secret bout...

Playing the game earns you Smash Coins. A shoot em up using the coins to earn more trophy's and stickers and music tracks too!

Having completed classic a few times I decided to play space emissary mode (the adventure mode) true to form you start as Mario or Kirby. The story unfolds nicely but I won't spoil it for you. One tip though, if you wanna unlock the bulk of the characters play this mode!! Some of the intros are really entertaining. Snake's is by far the funniest!

Event mode is there too. I've not played it a lot but I have made it to 13 so far. As usual you must complete the event using a certain character.

Home run contest has been greatly improved. As usual you start on a platform with the sandbag and the baseball bat and the objective is the same. Batter that bag until the countdown grab the bat a smack that bag as hard as you can. The main difference this time is that until the timer reaches 0 there is a glass shield to stop the bag falling over the edge while building up enough damage to the bag. Be warned perform a smash attack and you can smash the glass.

In terms of slow down I have only experienced this once during the ice climbers stage and it was pretty noticeable. The controls are really good. I've only used the Wiimote but am happy enough to stick with it.

All in all I'd say this is a great game and I'm looking forward to kicking that blue hedgehog in!

Oh and my Wii and Smash Brothers are going to Codestorm for a free clean to ensure that my wii will always play the game!

Fight on!

With thanks to forum member Metroid.

Got something to say about SSBB? Come and shout your mouth off if you think you're hard enough >>>> Gameov3r FORUM Or just come and say hello. Fisticuffs are optional.

No comments: