Friday 21 December 2007

Spot The Difference

What is it with all these comparison videos that keep appearing lately? You know the ones where the differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of a game are put side by side with a split down the middle highlighting the major differences how identical the games are. It seems any release worth mentioning must have one of these now. We've had The Orange Box, Assassins Creed, Burnout Paradise, Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4 and countless more. Here's just one of them in case you've been lucky and managed to avoid them...



I keep finding myself watching them thinking one will come along where there actually appears to be a reason for it. Maybe it's me missing the point and the real point is to prove that there really is virtually no difference. Even if there was you'd be hard pushed to see it on videos this size, even with the HD versions. If there really are big differences that may influence a purchase then fine, go ahead and tell me and then wait for all the teen fanboy comments to begin. Actually I think it's these comments that annoy me more than the videos themselves. Well I say annoy, I think amuse would be a better word.

"Compare the flashes when the sword hits the enemy. you can tell that they are using more cpu on the PS3 version because there is more detail in the effect."

"if you pause it you can see that on the PS3 version she has more shadow reflection and on the 360 version you don't"

I've just realised if it wasn't for these videos I'd be missing out on classic comments like these and I'd never have thought to look out for new graphic effects such as shadow reflection. Bring 'em on!

Use some more of your CPU today and visit the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: