Tuesday 18 December 2007

Anya. Berserker. Satellite? Again!

When did I last talk about the Xbox on here? Anyone remember? No, me either. I’ve definitely been neglecting the Xbox over the last few weeks. So while I big upped the Wii, generally slagged the PS3, big upped the Wii, big upped the DS and big upped the Wii some more the Xbox has missed out on some quality blog time.

To make up for this here's a gratuitous Xbox promotional picture……


Marvelous. I’m sure that makes everything all better.

But that’s not all the Xbox fun for today. Oh no. Not on your nelly. Or something. I read today that apparently, I didn’t see it myself, Amazon.com had Gears of War 2 listed for pre order with a release date of 15th November 2008. I say “had” because a short time later it was removed as quickly as it was listed.

Firstly, bloody hell that’s a long bloody way away and it’s not even the European release date! At least I live in the hope and expectation that that amount of time means Gears 2 won’t just be a rehash and should offer an all new experience. Secondly, neither Microsoft nor Epic have even announced a sequel, not officially anyway. So I wonder if someone at Amazon.com knows something the rest of us don’t? Has someone taken a calculated guess based on the original’s release date? Can big retailers such as Amazon actually influence the developers and publishers, even when they’re Microsoft sized, into giving them release date so they can get lots of pre order cash?

The good thing is that we all KNOW Gears of War 2 is going to come out. We’re just waiting to hear when. It can’t be soon enough for me personally after recently completing the original on insane difficulty in co-op with gameov3r co-host Lee.

So come on Microsoft …. Come on Epic ….. Put me and all the Gears fans out of our collective misery and tell us when we’ll hear such awesome quotes from Marcus and his squad as;

“Shit!”
“Sucks to be them.”
“Shit!”
“That smells nasty. What are these guys made of, shit?”
and “Shit”.


Guess you have to have been there.

A simple question then…. Gears of War. Any good? FORUM!!!!!

No comments: