Wednesday 28 January 2009

Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage

Fallout 3 was easily the game of 2008 for me. Despite a bit of a slow start it developed into something I couldn't put down and I easily put 70, maybe even 80 hours into it by the time the ending came. I encountered a couple of bugs along the way but rather than spoiling my enjoyment they actually raised a smile. Seeing a Rad Scorpion suddenly fly hundreds of feet into the air for no reason is a sight to behold.

All this puts me in a bit of a dilemma. The recently released DLC called Operation Anchorage seemed like it would be right up my street. More Fallout 3... how can that be a bad thing? Priced at 800 points it's said to provide 4-6 hours of extra play but all the reviews I've been reading of it suggest it's nearer 2-3 with the quest being a pretty linear combat based experience. I'm no longer sure it's really worth the £6.80 asking price which is a shame. Anyone downloaded this and want to share their opinion here or on the forum?

Check out the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: