Friday 4 April 2008

Poetry in Motion

I recently completed all 128 levels of XBLA game Jetpac Refuelled and very pleased about it I am too. While I was playing, at around about level 64 I think, I unlocked a new desktop theme and icon. A nice touch I thought and began to wonder what surprise RARE had in store for gamers that make their way through all 128 levels and complete the game. A cool animated ending was surely too much to expect considering Jetpac costs a mere 400 MS Points. More unlockables then or a nice ULTIMATE – Play the Game retro congratulations screen? It was none of these actually. When I completed the game I got a poem. And here it is …

A chief test pilot on the run
from aliens who spoiled your fun
with bugs and bosses giving chase
to new adventures off you race

Successful swiping made you rich
the plan went off without a hitch
employers sued and left for broke
somehow they fail to see the joke

It’s not a great poem but it's a poem all the same and it could have been worse I suppose. The game could have just restarted, in a never ending loop, and placed me back at level 1.

Poems and Shoot 'em Ups. Who said gamers aren’t cultural? Come and meet the cultural and refined gamers that inhabit the Gameov3r FORUM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt,
I need to translate that poem, but I cannot understand it pretty well.
Does it tell the history of the game itself, I mean did the carhacter a successful swiping, thne the employers sued him and all that? I dont get the overall sense of the poem. Could u help me?

Thanks