Thursday 27 March 2008

Smashed

I like to smash things. Anyone that's read my posts about playing Half Life 2 will know this. I don't really mind what it is... crates, fences, glass, pretty much anything in fact. All in the spirit of the game I'm playing you understand, I'm not a mindless vandal.

One place I won't be smashing anything up though is in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. I remember all the discussions about the lack of car damage from years ago and they're still happening now and the creators are still saying it's coming soon. The problem is that with each release of Gran Turismo the game gets more and more realistic. Some of the screen shots from this latest version are next to impossible to tell from the real thing... until you see a car hit something. None of the official trailers seem keen on showing this as it shatters the illusion in seconds watching your car bounce off the scenery and other cars. I think they've managed to get away with it in the past but the problem with getting closer and closer to realism is that anything that isn't quite right sticks out like turd in a punch bowl.

With rumours that the full GT5 is still 12 months away is the delay long enough for the 'coming soon' to be included?

What's the weirdest thing you've found in a punch bowl? Let us know on the GAMEOV3R forum

No comments: