Friday 12 June 2009

Fatality

So the new Vidzone for the Playstation3 was released yesterday. It's a free service that allows you to stream what I assume is a large selection of music videos straight to your tv. It's a small download which went without a hitch but lets get back to that assumption above... Logging in to Vidzone presents you with a surprisingly drab grey loading screen which soon became far more exciting with the addition of a FATAL ERROR banner. A mild panic set in. What has happened? What have you done to my PS3? Am I looking at a hefty repair bill all because of some service I was just a little curious about? Smearing peanut butter in to the fan vents can be fatal, as can inserting wafer thin ham into the blu ray drive slot, that's why I'm not participating in these activities at the moment. I'm sat on my sofa with a dualshock in my hands, I thought I was fairly safe.

I calmed down and continued reading. Apparently the service is experiencing a higher than expected level of demand. Short sighted maybe but fatal, no. At worst it's a mild annoyance and a shoddy example of how to launch a new feature. I therefore kindly ask that you chill out a little when writing your error reports, a simple sorry is sometimes enough.

Finish him!! on the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: