Wednesday 18 March 2009

You Sank My Battleship!

I've just seen what's new on the Xbox LIVE Arcade today and I'm deeply disappointed. Why? What's got you so worked up I hear you ask... actually I think these are just the voices in my head but that's probably for another time. It's not so much what's available today it's a pricing issue. Lately XBLA games seem to have been creeping up in price and often I haven't purchased a title purely because I feel it's too expensive. Now I'm not against games coming out at 1200 points or even more if they're offering something that's worth it, which brings me back to today and the arrival of Hasbro Family Game Night. Download the game room for free and then add in the games you actually want for Microsoft points. Perfect, why pay for five games in a pack if you only want to play one? So how many points? Go on have a guess... no really go on, it'll be fun... 400? Try doubling it. Yes 800 each! For Connect 4 or Yahtzee or Battleships?! Scrabble is only available in the US and Canada apparently. Who on earth thought that was reasonable? I mean the price, not that we can't get our Scrabble fix here in the UK.

Looking on Amazon.co.uk I see the game came out in November for the Nintendo Wii containing five games, adding Sorry and Boggle to the list above and now selling for £17.99 (which you could then trade in should you wish). If those five games were all available on the XBLA it would set you back £33.75! Makes the mind Boggle doesn't it? Let me think now... I've got 800 points and the choice is Rez HD or Connect 4, a choice I could make in my sleep! So come on now own up, was this your idea EA? Just admit it so I can lay off the exclamation marks! Bugger, there goes another...

Incidentally did anyone spot the women washing up in the background on the 50's game box while the men play?

C - 4, K - 9, C - 5, it's a hit! on the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: