Monday 2 March 2009

Shut It Rico! - Killzone 2

Having picked up Killzone 2 on Friday and played it through to completion I'm already looking forward to working through it again on a harder difficulty level and trying it out online properly. The last but one mission where you get to use the Exoskeleton contains some of the best visuals I've ever seen in a game. If you've played the demo and think the graphics are good just wait until you see this.

My one complaint with the game (you knew one was coming didn't you) is why on earth Guerrilla Games thought it would be a good idea to put in such an obnoxious, foul mouthed arse of a character to work along side you called Rico. He takes a much larger part in the second half of the game and I absolutely hated the guy. I'll admit this to you now, at one point in the game it's just you and Rico in a lift. I was so fed up with his behaviour and his over use of the 'F' word that I took the opportunity to shoot him... right in the ear. Now if ever there was a time for him to swear this was it, but no, he relatively calmly (for someone who's just been shot) told me to watch where I was shooting and yes unfortunately he survived it.

Top game then but hurry up with the patch containing the option to duct tape Rico's mouth please!

Mind your language on the GAMEOV3R Forum

No comments: