Monday 15 September 2008

Hidden Treasures

It's weird how you hold on to some games for ages and ages thinking, I'll play that one day. Of course the longer you hold on to them the more their value drops until they're barely worth trading anyway. When I bought my Xbox 360 way back in March of 2007 I got a bundle of games with it including Gears of War, PGR3 and Crackdown. Over those 18 months or so I've loaded up Crackdown maybe a couple of times and spent all of 5 minutes with it before switching it off again. Something wasn't clicking but I couldn't bring myself to sell it for some reason. I mean, the reviews were very positive so it must be good right?... and it is! About a week a go something made me load it up again and this time I found myself really enjoying it. Collecting the orbs to improve your jumping capabilities is highly addictive and scaling taller and taller buildings feels great. Some of the heights you can reach are dizzying. It's a shame there aren't any wind noises while you're up there though.

Being out at the weekend a comment from a review came back to me. It said after playing the game it made them look at real buildings for hand holds and ask themselves questions such as, could they make that jump from one roof to the next? Strangely I found myself doing exactly the same thing. I'm not sure if that's a sign of how good the game is or something that should worry me slightly really. Either way I'm off to rummage through my game cases for more hidden treasures that may still be lurking there... once I find a way to get down off this roof that is.

By the way, if you missed out on Crackdown it's certainly worth the £11 you can order a copy from HMV for now.

We're having a crackdown on the GAMEOV3R Forum, best visit while you still can...

3 comments:

Matt said...

"It's a shame there aren't any wind noises while you're up there though."

((Snigger)) :D

Jim Gerl said...

Hi,

I just voted for your excellent blog for the Bloggers Choice Awards.

Could you please return the favor at:

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.
com/blogs/show/21620

Thanks,

SpEdLaw2
http://specialeducationlawblog.blogspot.com

Lee said...

Hi jim gerl,

Just returned the favour, many thanks for the vote :) I'm Star on there by the way.

...and thanks Matt I'm now creating my own ;)