Friday 26 September 2008

Don't Try This At Home

Inspired by David Blaine spending 60 hours upside down (although taking breaks every hour completely upright on his own two feet) and then completing the 'Dive of Death' (more of a jump with safety wires) I've decided to perform my own stunt this weekend. I'm going to play Rock Band for one whole hour non stop, although I will be taking regular breaks every 15 minutes for refreshments and a medical team will be on site to perform medical checks and to step in should anything go wrong during the stunt.

While for most people this would be more than enough stress to put my body through in one day, I have taken the decision to end this event with something I like to call the 'Walk of Death'. This will involve placing the controller down somewhere safe and walking completely unaided over to the sofa and sitting down. I'm currently trying to get ABC to screen it as a live 2 hour finale. Of course looking at the timings the whole thing will be over in approximately 1 hour and 30 seconds so I'll need to come up with something to fill the remaining 59 and a half minutes.

Bring it on Mr Blaine, beat that!

Any ideas will be more than welcome on the GAMEOV3R FORUM

2 comments:

Vick said...

Good luck Lee! I'm you manage to pull it off - I just hope the live screening's finished and the camera crew's long gone when you do!

Oh, and the letters I had to enter into the word verification box before I posted this was 'tugsap'. Coincedence..?

Lee said...

Many thanks for the support Vick and the idea for filling the remaining 59 and a half minutes :)

Unfortunately and with much regret I have had to call the stunt off due to high wind... I really shouldn't have had curry last night.