Friday 6 June 2008

I Quit!

Or more to the point... do you?

What is it with people who quit early when playing a ranked game on Rock Band online? Well, not only Rock Band but it's this game that seems absolutely rife with them. It seems that if you're winning by a reasonable margin at some point in an online game I reckon 50% of the time your opponent will quit the game early. It's almost like you have to make mistakes on purpose to try and make sure it's a close game right down to the last few notes. Although even then I've had people quit on me. I started off sending them messages but frankly I can no longer be bothered and they just go straight on to my avoided player list but it does spoil the game. This game is badly in need of a patch to introduce some kind of disconnect statistic or something similar to try and lessen the number of times this happens. It's not clear to me if there is any punishment for quitting early but I certainly don't seem to be awarded a win when it happens. Having reached the 20 wins at Tug of War achievement I doubt I'll be playing that mode any longer as it just takes all the fun out of it. I'm proud to say I haven't quit once as if I don't play well enough I deserve to lose, and I have done on many occasions.

So a message to all you quitters out there, (there's a lot of you and you know who you are!) in most games there's a winner and a loser and you need to learn to deal with both. What's the point of playing to win if you aren't prepared to lose?

Visit the GAMEOV3R Forum or if you're a quitter... don't bother

No comments: