Friday 8 May 2009

Multiple Fractures

I recently played through Fracture on the 360 having picked it up for a tenner. It's certainly worth that much and like I do with most games I checked out the achievement list to see what challenges were there for me. A fairly standard list with a smattering of multiplayer ones was the answer. Complete one multiplayer game was one. Hardly an achievement really but why not I thought.

It took a while to find a game which I wasn't that surprised at with the game having been out a while and with multiplayer competing with the likes of Halo and Gears. Eventually a 2 on 2 team deathmatch type affair was begun... soon to become a 2 on 1 team deathmatch with me being the one. I don't blame the guy from dropping out really it wasn't thrilling to be honest. I stuck it out though... achievement unlocked, even though I lost... badly.

Then I spotted that another achievement was to do the above 1500 times. 1500 times?! You can not be serious! I looked around for John McEnroe but like most people on Xbox LIVE he must have been playing something else too. 1500 games of this isn't an achievement it's an endurance test. How on earth did the developers think it would be popular enough for people to reach that one? It left me wondering if anyone actually has this achievement and following on from that, if you do, why?!

Seriously gamers... check out the GAMEOV3R Forum! oops...

No comments: